On September 15, 2020, the County of Ventura completed a comprehensive update to its General Plan for the first time in almost 30 years. County staff worked to make the update process open and accessible to anyone who wanted to be involved and share ideas. As a result of the General Plan Update Project, the 2040 General Plan will help shape the next 20 years of Ventura County’s growth and change. The outcome of the update will have a real impact on the quality of life in the County.
Some of the questions that were contemplated as part of the General Plan Update Project included:
- How can the County enhance public services and infrastructure?
- Where should new residential and commercial development be located?
- How will the County deal with its continuing water quality and quantity challenges?
Want To Know More About the General Plan Update Project?
Board and Planning Commission work sessions and hearings are recorded and can be viewed online.
The Ventura County Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission held 14 publicly noticed work sessions and hearings where project staff presented information and the public had an opportunity to provide comments on the project.
- Access Board of Supervisors agenda, materials, and broadcast archives at ventura.org/board-of-supervisors
- Access Planning Commission agenda, materials, and broadcast archives at vcrma.org
Staff reports and other documents presented to the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission can be accessed online within this website.
- Learn more about the Board of Supervisors’ participation in the General Plan Update on the Board of Supervisors webpage.
- Learn more about the Planning Commission’s participation in the General Plan Update on the Planning Commission webpage.
The General Plan Update Project was a multi-year, multi-phase project with a variety of opportunities for public input.
- View the 2040 General Plan on this website at the Document Library - or visit the Resource Management Agency's General Plan webpage.
- Learn about the project's strategy and phases by exploring the General Plan Update’s Project Timeline and Project Milestones webpages.
- Missed a presentation or hearing? You can find a number of presentations on the Meetings and Presentations webpage.