The County of Ventura is working on a comprehensive update to its General Plan for the first time in almost 30 years. County staff are working to make the update process open and accessible to anyone who wants to be involved and share ideas. The General Plan Update will help shape the next 20 years of Ventura County’s growth and change. The outcome of the update will have a real impact on the quality of life in the County. Some of the questions we will be addressing include:
- How can the County enhance public services and infrastructure?
- Where should new residential and commercial development be located?
- How will the County deal with its continuing water quality and quantity challenges?
Want to get involved? Here’s how:
- Sign up for the General Plan Update’s Interested Parties List to receive email updates. Subscribe here
- Attend Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission hearings and work sessions.
- The Board of Supervisors will hold hearings on the General Plan Update at least 6 times throughout the scheduled work program. Read more
- The Planning Commission will hold hearings on the General Plan Update at least 16 times throughout the scheduled work program. Read more
Board and Planning Commission hearings are recorded and can be viewed online.
- Access Board of Supervisors agenda, materials, and broadcast archives at ventura.org/board-of-supervisors
- Access Planning Commission agenda, materials, and broadcast archives at vcrma.org
Staff reports and other documents presented to the Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission can be accessed online within this website.
- Learn more about the Board of Supervisors’ participation in the General Plan Update
- Learn more about the Planning Commission’s participation in the General Plan Update
- Keep track of project status by exploring the General Plan Update’s Project Timeline
- Review and comment on documents created as part of the General Plan Update. Draft documents that are available for public review and comment can be accessed online using this website. Read more
- Contact General Plan Update staff members. Read more